Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How do you dye naturally dark brown hair lighter using drug store dye.?

I've tried the drugstore brands that "lift" naturally dark hair. It dyed the roots the color I wanted, but not the rest. I have long,thick healthy hair. I am of White and Latin ethnicity. I do not want to spend 100's at a salon. PLease help!!!!



P.S. I'm trying to dye my hair to a honey brown color.



How do you dye naturally dark brown hair lighter using drug store dye.?

I use L'oreal coulour experte--it works really well. But you don't want to buy something that is sold to lighten your hair, you should just buy a dye.



http://www.couleurexperte.com/



And I'd guess you'd want 5.0 or 6.0 for the dye. Using the couleur experte guide.



How do you dye naturally dark brown hair lighter using drug store dye.?

You have to make sure you use one with peroxide in it, the wash out kind won't work. Make sure you really want to do it though because it is damaging and I find that more hair than usual falls out in the shower a week or so after dying it, so if your hair is already thin its not a good idea, but if its thick it won't make too much of a difference. I agree with the first poster, L'oreal is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment